Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Novem4er 2010

You see, the 4 is really just a rotated 'b'...


November Things

Laura and I went to Michigan the first weekend of the month for her birthday. We hung out with some of her college friends in Ann Arbor, saw the city, dressed up and saw a U of M football game, for which I borrowed the requisite gear:
The game was quite the thing. Triple overtime along with a Michigan all-time high scoring record. And the crowd was 114,000 people, which, by the way, ranks third to the top in the Large Crowds In Which Dave Hung Out, August to November 2010 official list.
As you can see, this hooded guy in front of me wasn't interested in the game. I'm guessing he just got stuck in the crowd somewhere, hours before, and ended up in a stadium and couldn't get out. It's probably a pretty common occurrence there...


Best Thing I Ate in November

Ma La Wontons from the Great Wall Szechuan House in DC. They were soaked in Sichuan peppercorns, chili oil and lots of red pepper. Spicy, squishy, and full of pork. I am aching for them now as I write this... [Update: Oh, man, still craving them sooooooo much...] [Editor's Note: AAAAAAAAAAAAA! Neeeeeeeeeed wontons!!]


Best Thing I Drank in November

It was gooooood. And now that you've got this picture, you can go acquire some for yourself. Again, you're welcome.

Best Picture I Took While Jogging

...Fall, it is. The picture is just a way to pretty-up some otherwise extremely boring statistics (boring for those who are not me, me-ish, or who do not suffer from me-ism). And here they are:

Miles Jogged: 30.6
Average Rate: 9:53 Minutes per Mile
Speed: 6.07 MPH
Speed Change from October: -4.5% (A decrease... First time for that...)

Speed decrease be damned, I'm still getting some exercise. Poundage change:

Weight at End of Month: 205 pounds
Change from October: -4 pounds


Best Ex-Peter Chang Restaurant Visited
...If you can't tell, the place is China Star, and it's in a strip mall in Fairfax, VA. See Peter Chang's Wikipedia article for more info, or my blog post from March about another Peter Chang restaurant in Charlottesville called Taste of China. And it's important you see this article on hydroxy alpha sanshool and the effect of Sichuan Peppercorns while you're at it...


Movies


We watched a surprising number this month. In order of goodness, from least liked to totally liked lots:

8. Man From Earth
7. Iron Man 2
6. Alice in Wonderland
5. Winnebago Man
4. Red Corner
3. Up
2. Scott Pilgrim
1. Inception

Up, Scott Pilgrim and Inception are especially recommended. I really got a kick out of the talking dog in Up. Because I am Dorkus.




Thanksgiving
I spent Thanksgiving in DC this year, breaking a long running tradition of going home to Holbrook for the holiday. I missed Arizona and the family, but I had a great time with the 25 people in Laura's extended family that celebrated Thanksgiving at Laura's grandparents' place. Quite the crowd. Good times. Big table.


Other Stats You Care About

Restaurants: 9
Best: Great Wall, see above.
Second Best: Zingerman's (in Michigan)

Bars: 4
Best: Ashley's Bar (Also in Michigan. There were 70+ Beers on tap!)

Loads of Laundry: 4
Continuing the trend...

Average Mood: 50%
Really, exactly 50.0%. I think it's rigged.

Haircuts: 1
Continuing the trend of not getting more than one haircut per month. Hard work, it is...



---


Today's Tuesday the 7th. Not too shabby, as far as crankin' out life data after the month-end goes.

We'll be seein' y'alls in January. Now, I know I've got a few weeks to figure this out, but it seems it may be quite vexing - where in "January" does one jam the number 4?

No comments: