Friday, October 19, 2007

Small Post Flag Stuff

I've got two points and a link:


First, thanks go to Captain Capitalism for having an excellent data-filled blog as well as spreading the word about a post I did a while back regarding stock prices and company dividends... It sounds boring, but I think my point was pretty important (What was my point? Imminent doom, of course.)

Second, Today is the 20th anniversary of Black Monday, 1987's great stock crash. I think these two points correspond pretty well, because if there's any day for a jittery stock market to prove my dire predictions correct, it's today. While I'm not actually expecting anything special, you'd be surprised how many times the market is spooked (or helped) by wide-spread beliefs and superstition...

...And the Link: For those that are curious about the economics involved with strippers' "biological rhythms": The Stripper's Secret
(Intended for economists and/or behavioral psychologists for purely scientific reasons, of course...)

---

UPDATE @ 1:00 PM: Today's headline:


Wow. Who called it?

That's right. Me. Give it up...

2 comments:

Josh said...

bravo, sir. my first thoughts came to this post when my coworker read that headline aloud from yahoo finance

also of note, when typing "this" i somehow turned it into a typo and wrote "shit". just thought someone should know

Disposable Info said...

Thanks chief - though it would have been more impressive if I had posted the prediction last Monday instead of waiting until the last minute.

...And I'm also glad to know that I'm not the only person that can't stop Freudian-slipping curse words into my speech...