Tuesday, March 4, 2008

4ECon - February 2008

I forgot it was already March. Weehoo, that was a fast month...

As is the pointless tradition around here, it's time to remind nobody what didn't happen in February. Wait, scratch that - reverse it. Everybody, here's what did happen in February:

1. Candidates were released from Gamepaign 2008 after failing miserably (Click on the link and scroll all the way down if you want to see their histories): Rudy Giuliani, Ron Paul, Fred Thompson, Mitt Romney and, of course, Mike Randolph (who didn't actually fail miserably - technically he's still in. See here.)

2. I gave John McCain some praise that he may or may not have deserved, and I totally kissed the ass of Barack Obama. There's some sort of major endorsement in that post somewhere, nestled within a bunch of rambling. Come to think of it, you know what I really like about Obama? All those xenophobic protectionists are going to be totally humiliated and red in the face when they find out Obama's been tricking them with the anti-NAFTA talk... Or so I hope...

3. I had a theory from which I might have derived an amazing algorithm for highly-efficient dating, had it not been for the fact that I'm crowded out of this market by people who actually know what they're doing. (People with computers, large databases and massive ad budgets...)

4. Part two of The Dating Game. Long story short, I didn't figure out that algorithm.

5. The MPAA lied on two separate occasions about pirates. I have proof.

6. I posted some short notes I wrote to people who exist only in a world where ceteris paribus is a phrase that everyone is not only aware of, but bored by.


And that's it. I'm fresh out of the usual [un]funny commentary that I normally put in this space. Instead, have a link to the coolest music-related thing I've ever seen in my life:

http://www.musicovery.com


Do it to it. You'll see, it's great.

- Dave

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That music thing is pretty cool but the songs are fairly ho-hum. Or maybe it is my mood that is ho-hum.

Darrell said...

Musicovery is badass. Have you tried Pandora (pandora.com) yet? It also uses fun ways of categorizing music.

-Darrell

Disposable Info said...

Pandora - totally.

I stumbled across the whole streaming radio categorization thing and checked out a few in one day a while back - the one that really caught my eye, though, was Musicovery, since it's got the "webbed" interface thing, so you can visualize crap that's connected to other crap. I could think of nothing more fitting for stumbling onto new music...

Pandora does seem like it has more of a variety, as Zane kinda mentioned. Just no super cool web.

Speaking of super cool webs, check this out, too:

http://www.visuwords.com

Though I'm sure all you hipsters have already known about these things for a long time...