Friday, January 4, 2008

4ECon - December 2007

Oh yeah, I almost forgot: I'm supposed to wrap up the month with one of these posts. Can't fight tradition, right?

So December was my first month here in my new, not-as-cold-as-you'd-think city. It's been awesome so far, and, as you might have guessed, not as cold as I thought it would be. Yet. I'll let you know if that changes in January...

Anyways, here's the wrap:

1. My argument against the over-used statement, "The rich are getting the richer and the poor are getting poorer" was the only Rock Hard Data entry for the month. Yes, Mr. Pessimism, the rich have been getting richer, but so have the poor.

2. Next was an attempt at some form of humor while also making the very serious point that one should not concern one's self with things over which one should not be concerned.... with...

3. For Christmas I selflessly decided to give away my unused carbon for the year. Now someone else can pollute the planet instead of me and feel equally as guilt-free. Possibly even freer.

4. For my real thoughts on carbon offsets, see #27 of my List of 49 Things I Mostly Agree With. My resolution for the new year was to be more boring (basically), so I made a bigass list of stuff that I was probably going to devote entire posts to. Maybe I still will. Anyone have any major disagreements to items on my list that I can argue with?

That's what I thought. Say that to my face!

Anyways, now that I'm all reasonably settled in here in the hot-air-but-cold-weather center of the universe, I ought to do some more of that stuff... whaddya call it?... Ummm... Ya know, that stuff I used to do all the time...

Oh, that's right. Posting on this blog.

Also, I think it's time for Gamepaign to start reflecting the "new" "positions" of our stupid candidates, because they've started to rockesses out with their caucuses out.

Soon enough. Soon enough...

- Mr. D.

No comments: