Monday, October 1, 2007

4ECon - September 2007

Ah, yes. Today marks the end of September, the first full month at the 4ECon. While August was fun and all, I'd say September was much more interesting. Time for the lame-excuse-for-a-post monthly summary:

1. The month started off with the first edition of Spicy Science, explaining why you might live forever.

2. Next we exposed the Bed Con for what it is (or isn't...)

3. Then there was the business opportunity suggested by the willingness of iPhone fanboys to pay two arms and three legs for semi-useless technology just for the "cool factor."

4. On September 11th I did a special anniversary allegory that hailed the benefits of losing self control in order to scare a hard-to-handle enemy. Unfortunately, it might have been a little too metaphorical...

5. Another installment of Rock Hard Data aided our understanding of historical and current unemployment data. This was, by far, the most exciting post of the month.

6. I used an idea for a current events-inspired video game with a catchy title in order to subtly suggest my disapproval for the Fed's recent half-point rate cut. It seems the U.S. stock market has proved me correct so far. (if this assertion needs further explanation, check the post's comments and read August's "Molehill" posts - both of 'em.)

7. For the first edition of Topical Cream, I covered Free Trade in a not-so-easily understandable way. It seems that I'm not the best at keeping posts short and educational. I will get better, I swizear.

8. For all the guys & gals out there, I provided my First Date Strategy Guide which offered advice on, among other things, how to keep your date nervous enough to pay less attention to your faults. The Guide is not done yet, though - It needs to be test-driven. Anyone? Wait, don't answer that yet - Wait until I start "Futarchy Personals," a market-information driven dating service. More info to come... It's gonna be super.

9. I argue that Junk Mail might actually be protecting your street-side mailbox from higher rates of theft...

10. Finally, I offer a recommendation on how to better support the Girl Scouts while getting better cookies. Also, if anyone wants to start a business selling home security products, let me know - I've got a clever, not-very-legal idea.

---

And that's it. This post is like the class before your final exams - nothing good, nothing new, just a review and a forum for asking questions or making general comments. The difference here, though, is that I won't know any of the answers to any of your questions, and am completely full of shit.

So, in closing, I'd like to say thank you, loyal due-paying members of the 4EConglomerate for sticking through the second month - I don't know who I'd be writing blog posts to without you. Also, I haven't received any of your dues yet, so.... you know... let's get right on that, OK?

Your favorite hobo,
-Dave

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll gladly pay your dues with the caveat that I get some guarantees in return.

1. Admit that Clubs, no matter what form, non-profit, for-profit, or Blogs is an acceptable institution.

2. Continue posting interesting and informative blog entries.

3. Show that your dues have some sort of tax-deductibility for either not-for-profit, or educational benefits.

-----

I'm sure that other 4EConglomerate members may have other, or maybe even higher, standards. Though for me, this would be a 'due-able' start.

-----

Most important is number 2. Keep up the good work!

Disposable Info said...

Ah, thanks chief!

Regarding #1 & #3, though, I think I'll have a hard time filing for non-profit status. What I can do is give you a 35% dues discount to make up for your high individual tax rate.

So that comes to 49 cents.

Anonymous said...

I understand post #4 now. Thank you, end of month summary.

Anonymous said...

You're welcome, guy!

Anonymous said...

Ever think of starting your own religion? Maybe then it would be easier to obtain a not-for-profit exempt status? Your own little Cult of 4econglomerites!

Disposable Info said...

Ah, Paul - there you are!

I've been waiting...

Yeah, I went to my local office and filled out the paperwork up to the point where they asked the "type" of religion: I said, "Tax deductible...?" and they kicked me out of the office.

I can still proselytize for free, though. Ego is its own reward...